Leeds (North & East) Logo
Leeds (North & East)
Methodist Circuit
 /  Churches  /  Gipton  /  History

History

In May 1936 Gipton Methodist Church opened its doors on the Gipton Estate in Leeds, (at that time the church was known as Lady Lane Methodist Church) as it had come from Leeds City Centre where the old Lady Lane Church used to be.

In 1982 our main church building had to be demolished, mainly through a lot of vandalism that we suffered, and now we just have a small two storey building which is used by the church and local community.

We celebrate our history and make offerings for the future of Christian ministry and mission in Gipton with an annual Church Anniversary Service every May.

Quick Links

Registered Charity no. 1131455

Get In Touch

circuitoffice@leedsnandemethodist.org.uk
0113 266 3309

Circuit Office
Lidgett Park Methodist Church
Lidgett Place
Leeds
LS8 1HG

Circuit Map

© 2020 – Leeds (North & East) Methodist Circuit