As Christians we are called to care for God's creation. The Leeds North and East Methodist Circuit is joining with Churches and organisations around the world in declaring a climate emergency and calling for action from world leaders and corporations.
At the September Circuit Meeting we committed ourselves to:
- 1. Using whatever influence we may have to bring about positive actions by local and national government and by corporations.
- 2. Bringing forward by March 2022 an action plan to minimise our negative impact as a circuit on the environment and climate and to help restoration where possible;
- 3. Encouraging our churches, projects and individual members to make relevant lifestyle changes appropriate to their circumstances;
- 4. Encouraging action on this emergency in our neighbourhoods, workplaces and other spheres of activity;
- 5. Examining our lives individually, and as a circuit in relation to this crisis, and seeking to live faithfully to God;
This page contains links to our circuit climate declaration as well as to some of the exisiting resoueces to help us think about and respond to the climate emergency in a way that brings glory to God and promtes eqaulity and justice for all the peoples of the earth.